The Honeywell RTU2020 Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) is a modular, powerful and scalable controller capable of all remote automation & control applications. When combined with Experion® LX and its radically simplified SCADA configuration with superior operator experience, it solves the most challenging remote automation requirements for the oil & gas industry. With our modern RTU2020 Remote Terminal Unit, you have perfect 20/20 vision to realize the production potential of your oil & gas assets through safe, reliable and efficient remote monitoring, diagnosis and asset management, while ensuring low total cost of ownership.
The Lowest Power Consumption
The RTU2020 has one of the lowest power consumptions on the market at a typical tiny 1.8 Watts, even when using HART. When HART is required, other RTUs require additional hardware, consuming even more power, whereas RTU2020 has HART onboard. Even in tropical and desert environments, either minimal or no cooling is required.
Efficient Wiring and Assembly
RTU2020 comes with removable field terminals, allowing the installer to hold the terminals in their hand for wiring even with gloves on. In addition, the terminals are printed with the I/O type and number giving the installer positive identification. Combined, this saves upfront installation cost and reduces wiring errors.
High Performance RTU with HART enabled Onboard I/O
With a modern dual core 667MHz processor, RTU2020 has the power for today’s applications and spare reserve to meet tomorrow’s needs. Importantly, by having built-in HART, RTU2020 has no requirement for separate expensive and power consuming HART I/O modules or third party components.
• Stand-alone lowest power consumption in its category at a typical 1.8W
• Temperature range -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F). Up to 75°C, not 70°C like other units
• High reliability with well designed thermal paths
• HART enabled onboard and expansion I/Os. No extra hardware required. Digital HART data & diagnostics are available locally for use in RTU program & remote alarming
• HART IP allowing remote asset management of HART devices via Honeywell’s Field Device Manager Express
• Efficient wiring & configuration saving installation and maintenance time
• Modern, powerful CPU for now & into the future
• Transient suppression on every I/O channel & every communication
• A powerful IEC 61131-3 programming environment
• Liquids & gas calculations in the same controller
• Flexible communication options for uplink & downlink
• Industry standard protocols of Modbus & DNP3 both as master and slave
• Secure communications with authentication & encryption
• Data logging on board & optionally on local SD card
• Hazardous area certified
The Value of HART
RTU2020 helps eliminate maintenance trips to the field with robust data logging, good sub-system communications with local devices and smart device integration with HART to enable better fault modeling, both direct on the RTUs and at central locations.
Endures Tough Environments
RTU2020 has been designed to withstand the toughest environments, with an operating temperature range of -40 to 75°C in humidity of 5% to 95%. RTU2020 has conformal coating to G3 and is hazardous area certified
Robust Data Logging Ensures Data Availability
RTU2020 comes with data logging capabilities to record values to data files in flash memory or the onboard SD card, (optional), supporting up to a massive 32GB of data. This ensures important data is never lost and is available for future analysis.