Advanced Technology—Available at a Competitive Cost
MasterLogic’s advanced technology enables higher speed processing and better control in applications of all types, particularly smaller unit operations. This compact and modular PLC offers all of the redundancy architecture options needed for most industrial operations—and at a competitive cost. A versatile family of I/O modules and networking options offers flexibility in how MasterLogic fits into an entire automation scheme.
Available through Honeywell’s expansive global organization, the MasterLogic PLC features:
• Powerful and versatile processors for high-speed applications (provides 42 ns/step, 7 MB program memory, 4 MB system memory, 2 MB data memory and 16 MB built-in flash memory for program and data backup)
• Full redundancy for CPU, power and network • Compact pocket-size modules to optimize space
• IEC61131-3 standard programming with LD/SFC/ST/IL language options
• Vast library of standard function blocks and support for creating new or user-defined function blocks
• Over 50 types of I/O modules including High Speed Counter and Sequence-of-Event modules
• Open network protocols with field devices (Profibus DP, DeviceNet, HART, “Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII”) and userdefined frame option
• Open communication with external systems through 10/100Mbps fast Ethernet and serial RS232C/RS422
• Peer-to-peer communications between PLCs with either dedicated 100 Mbps Ethernet or fiber-optic
• Hot swapping, online editing, user-defined interrupt programs
• Integration with Experion PKS, Experion HS, or Experion LX architecture and SCADA systems
• Self-diagnostics including network diagnostics, system logs, auto-scan and system monitoring
• Program simulator to test programs offline without PLC/CPU
The MasterLogic PLC is a powerful and scalable rack-based programmable logic controller. It can be installed in either a stand-alone or distributed architecture. A range of CPUs, power supplies and different rack sizes are available, to meet the requirements of a broad range of applications.
Honeywell’s Integrated Approach
MasterLogic is much more than just a better PLC; it comes from a company focused on the “system” of automation— not just the parts. Honeywell has always thought about automation problems in their entirety. Its holistic systems strategy, first developed in the 1970s with the introduction of the distributed control system (DCS), supports an integrated architecture with unified sensing, control, operations and information management. The various elements of a plant automation system can be installed, started and operated together in a prepackaged manner without excessive tuning and adjustment by the implementation project engineer. Hardware and software components continue to operate with high reliability because they were engineered to be compatible. And when it’s time to expand or upgrade the system, that task is made easy as well.
The core aspects of Honeywell’s systems include:
• Standard displays, faceplates and detail displays that provide a consistent look and feel to operators even when used with non-Honeywell controllers
• Embedding of MasterLogic alarms and events into the Experion HS alarm and event sub-system, including Sequence of Event information
• Critical functionality unifying the real-time, processconnected world of the controller with graphical user interface (GUI) and plant supervisory functions such as monitoring and alarm management
• Data management functions that derive from history collection and reporting